Thursday, January 2, 2020

Second day of a new year!

I hope you all had a lovely day yesterday.  I did minimal cleaning so that I could get a big quilt loaded on to the quilt machine, minimal cooking, some crochet, spent time with family!  It was lovely and relaxing and rejuvenating!

Some of you may know what this is, though I have my doubts.  My son, 19 years old, has convinced my husband and I to start playing World of Warcraft Classic.  He created himself a new character so that he could help us along our journey and my daughter joined in as well.  He spends most of his game time saving our butts!  So, we now spend some time, almost daily, playing together as a family.  It is family time where we talk about the game and have a good time.
It has been fun but I know it will happen less frequently once I get back into the swing of work next week.  However, it gives us a great link to our kids and what is going on in their very busy lives.  Both are in college and we do not get to see them enough so this gives us a little connection. 
These are my and my husbands characters. 

Our doggies are always so happy when the kids are home.  Here, Jack is enjoying the smell and feel of my son's backpack while we sit around the table as a family. 

This is my preparation for the Attic 24 Crochet Along that starts tomorrow!  I can't wait!  It is the first time I will actually be joining in the fun.  I am sure I will fall behind quickly but am going to try hard to keep up.  I still need to grab a couple more pinks, hopefully will find them today. 
I guess this means my current project of a Neat Ripple blanket and the languishing Cosy Stripe blanket will be left unattended until after the Dahlia blanket CAL is complete. 

I also want to keep up with some quilting, daily exercise, and I am joining an A Capella group that rehearses every Thursday, so I am going to be a busy girl!  And then there is that thing called work that is going to take up the majority of my time...

Reading goals may suffer this year.

 Here is one of my latest creations- a very simple little quilt made from a digital print fabric I have been eyeing for months.  I finally decided I would just get it and do a simple something. 

It is wall-hanging size, and has now been quilted and binding sewn on.  Just need to find the time to do the hand stitching on the binding. 
I had a major oops when adding the hanging sleeve.  Don't know where my mind was...I sewed the thing on inside out...



But I fixed it and all is well.  Hope to get it on the wall some time this month. 









So, you know how some people choose a word to focus on for the year?  I am choosing an animal. 
I have chosen a wolf- mostly because I need to focus on running and what better running partner could one have? 
Also, you may have seen this somewhere, I have found it online- in many places...

Advice from a Wolf
  • Trust your instincts
  • Be at home in nature
  • Keep your den clean
  • Stand fur what you believe
  • Stay on track
  • Howl with your friends 
  • Pack life with good memories!
In addition to my running, my husband and I are planning on doing a lot of hiking to get ourselves out in nature and spend time together focusing on health.  I always need to clean more...but mostly want to focus on spending quality time with quality people and having a great year!


I need to head out to the grocery store today, and start focusing on laundry and meal prep to get ready for next week.  I am due back at work on Monday, bright and early.  
While I enjoy my job as a High School Librarian, I am sure everyone can understand the draw of being at home, warm and cozy, coffee, tea, and poodle cuddles whenever I want, quilting, crochet, books, naps under a soft quilt, time with my college kids who are also on vacation...

Who would ever want to leave that?

Hope you all have had a wonderful Holiday and are looking forward to 2020!  We can do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment