Monday, January 20, 2020

About to start another stash buster...

I am about to begin another stash busting quilt.  You are welcome to join me.  The measurements and yardage estimates below are just that- estimates.  I don't have any sewing actually completed yet.  
I am making 20 blocks using a fabric I have of cats with blue, red and yellow balls of yarn.  I have not selected the lattice fabric yet.
Here are my actual fabrics.  

Here is approximately what the finished quilt will look like- I hope...
I designed it pretty quickly in EQ8 this afternoon while my quilt machine was being serviced.  

You need a yard of the focus fabric- that gives you plenty for fussy cutting those center squares.  They measure 6.5 inches.  Red you need 1 1/8 yards- you need to cut 7 strips, 3.5 inches wide of the red.  The darker blue, you need a yard-14 strips, 2 inches wide of the blue.  The red/yellow corner triangles- cut 3 7/8 inch squares-40 of each color should yield 80 finished half square triangles when finished, draw a line down the middle to use as your quarter inch and cutting guide.  IF you aren't sure how to do this, I will post about it in a few days...

Come on- I challenge you to a stash buster!

No comments:

Post a Comment