Saturday, January 4, 2020

Slow start Saturday


I am not moving very quickly this morning.  2 cups of coffee have not removed the dull ache from my head so I guess I'll move on to Excedrine...I think my daughter is on her way for us to have a sewing/singing kinda day.  Hope we make some progress on something...


Here is where I am with the Attic 24 CAL.  I am not liking how my rogue colors are playing together but I will stick in a little longer.  I LOVE the pattern though and it stitched up super fast so I ordered 2 yarn packs from Wool Warehouse yesterday. 



I had a few hours of sewing yesterday and got this tropical quilt top together.  3.5 hours of sewing.  Just need to add two borders and it will be ready for its place in line for quilting...
It is a design I have seen online in many places and just quickly drew up on EQ8.  I just upgraded from EQ7 with the new year discount.  This is the first quilt I worked with so I still have a lot to figure out with the new features.  I am hoping I can do quilts with differing sized blocks.  That is supposed to be lots easier with this version of the software. 


I have to head back to work on Monday so my productivity will plummet again.  And, I haven't been attending to my exercise like I should. 

The last two nights have begun my opera education.  My daughter is going to graduate from University in May with her degree in Opera Voice Performance.  She is currently applying to graduate programs.  So far we have watched The Magic Flute and Daughter of the Regiment.  Both amazing performances on MET on demand. 

Happy Saturday Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment