Monday, January 20, 2020

Making Some Progress


So, I have mostly been crocheting this week but I did get to some quilting yesterday.  I finished "Flower Child" which just needed a few more rows of quilting.  I knew I wouldn't have time to do this quilt all in one standing (not sitting because I have a long arm) so I went for a hand guided pantograph rather than computerized.  This is the first time I have used Quilter's Dream Wool batting.  I loved it and already ordered more!  I hope it washes nicely...

I am rather proud of myself with this quilt, simply because I purchased the women's head fabric to help me use up my stash and that is exactly what I did.  All the other fabric in this quilt, including the backing was already in my stash at the time.  Challenge left- find a binding in my stash...


Here you can see the overall with the border...
A little better view of my rusty hand guided quilting skills. 



I also managed to get the borders on my pink Hawaiian quilt.  It is about a 60 inch square.  I have a lovely flamingo flannel that matches well that I could use on the back but I hadn't planned on using flannel on this one so I will have to think about it. The pink and bluish neutral were in my stash.  I purchased the Hawaiian recently.  Stash busting is hard...


In addition to working on the "Cat Nip" blocks I showed last week, I started this one.  It will have 5 blocks each of 4 different colors around that same cat fabric.  I am hoping it will look quite modernish.  I am thinking I got the cat focus too centered in these blocks so may change the measurements on the rest of the blocks to make them more off center.  the cats should really look like they are randomly placed through out the quilt.  We shall see...I am also wondering if I will include the mint green with the other more olive and pea.  I do like the blue though. 

The cats have been in my stash for a long time but I had to go get the solids to go with them.  Again....Stash busting is a challenge for me. 

Today the long arm is to be serviced, then need to get my main Bernina in to the shop if I have time.  My backup machine and the one my daughter is using also need some TLC.  How do they all need service at the same time?  

I'm still waiting on two yarn packs to arrive from The UK.  It has already been the suggested 2 weeks so I am not sure how much longer I will have to wait to begin the Attic 24 CAL.  I am trying to fill my time with extra squares from the Moogly CAL and working on two ongoing blankets- a Neat Ripple and a Cosy Stripe.  the Cosy stripe is King size so will take FOREVER! 

No comments:

Post a Comment