Friday, December 27, 2019

After Christmas sewing

  Christmas Irish Chain/9-patch

I started this a few days before Christmas, just to give me something Holiday-ish to work on once gifts were completed.  I got it put together yesterday and it is ready to quilt once I have a backing for it.
It is lap size so I will get some nice flannel for the back so it can be used for cuddling. 

I have some very lofty goals this year for quilting, one of which is to try to do a Christmas gift item every month.  That is the goal that will be left in the dust very soon, I am sure, but it would help me out so much when Christmas comes!


 
Up closer, so you can see some of the scraps used.  I have a few more  quilts in mind with these squares.  I have plenty of them!


Step 3 of the Frolic Mystery. 
I am skipping step 4 for now because I want to see how those quarter square triangles will be used. before I cut them.  It also might be a step that I end up simplifying for the quilt, we will see.  I love Bonnie's quilts but they are very hard for me to stay focused on with all their small pieces.  I have a bunch started that haven't been finished.  Maybe if I simplify this one a little, it will see a finish this year.

Orca Bay is one that is high on my finish list this year. 

Step 5 is done except I am 10 squares short and ran out of grey.  Off to the fabric store tomorrow, I guess. 
I also started a Star Wars scrap quilt that I need some white and grey for so it will be a necessary trip for sure. 




Also accomplished today, the layout for my daughter's "Ghastlies" quilt.  I do not have enough fabric to complete the borders though so that will also be a trip to the fabric store soon.  Cutting to commence soon. 


Look at all I can accomplish when I have vacation and am home alone.  I even did an hour on the elliptical yesterday- none today. 

Hope you all are feeling accomplished and doing what you love as the new year approaches.  This is the LAST FRIDAY OF 2019!


1 comment:

  1. How nice it must be to have several reasons to head for the quilt store. My stash, although it’s been in downsize mode for 6 months, is still ample enough to keep me busy for a couple years! But I do plan on purchasing necessities as they arise. :-). That was a quick and cute Christmassy too you finished! Do you have Christmas gifts in mind to make every month (like quilts, zip pouches, pillowcases)? A plan will help you stick to it!

    ReplyDelete