Saturday, January 11, 2020

Slow moving this morning

I am moving quite slowly this morning.  I started a women's chorus this week, with 3 hour rehearsals on Thursday evenings and it kicked my butt for some reason.  I am still dragging.  Last night I made progress on the Moogly Crochet along and hope to get it completed today. 


I learned a lot but will probably never use the back post stitch again.  It looks great but was just very uncomfortable to do.  I had to finagle every single stitch.  Not sure how many of these squares will get completed if they are all this much work.  Crochet is one of the things I use to relax...

I'm a bit worried about adding the last rows since there has been some talk online about how difficult they are.

I am still waiting on Royal Mail so I can start the Attic 24 Dahlia blanket- I loved the stitch so much on that one that I ordered 2 color ways. 

My daughter surprised me earlier this week by showing up with a completed quilt top of the 2 that got sent home with her last weekend. 
She got the Pokemon blocks sewn together and now we need a border.  I also need to get the quilt that is on the machine quilted so that she can have a turn with that.
I was even more proud when she told me yesterday that she was working on a new project, one she went and bought fabric for after a moment of inspiration...and here I was hoping she would help me use up my stash...



This project is the one I cut out after she left last weekend- a full day of cutting for her projects and then I had no new ones...can't have that. 

I am calling it "Catnip".  I still need to put together all the blocks with red in them.  The others are ready to go. 

 I also purchased solids to go with that blue cat fabric because I have enough of it to use it as a focus fabric in another lap quilt.  Still trying to figure out a design for it though. 

I guess I better get moving because on top of all these want to do items, there is always a huge list of have to do ones for the weekend. 

Happy Stitching!


No comments:

Post a Comment