Friday, January 18, 2019

Slow Progress



So, the Weather was a bit wet today and the wind was nasty but that sky, on the way to work this morning, was almost worth getting up and out of the house for...

I have been making good progress on my goal of 15 minutes to sew.  I knew I would not make it every day but each of those little pink hearts means I spent some time at one of my multiple sewing stations, or I cut out blocks, or I did some hand stitching of a binding.  So, even though I am easily distracted and work on a bunch of different projects rather than following one through to done, I am still making some progress.  I hope to get some rows sewn together tomorrow and some bindings sewn on, that is AFTER I CLEAN MY IRON!!!

This is my 3rd block for January.  No, its not sewn together yet because, earlier this week, my husband changed his mind just after I started working and we watched a show instead. 

This is my play block for the week after picking up a copy of the current Quilter's World.  I have been wanting to make another quilt out of my strings for awhile now and felt inspired when I saw the quilt with the diamonds.  I did not follow the pattern for this block but went off the basic idea.  Not sure if this will continue on to a complete quilt or not.  And, while playing, I discovered that I don't have as many strings as I thought.  I think I would rather focus on projects that need to be finished- but that is so hard for me to do...

Hopefully, by the end of the long weekend, I will have some flimsies and some quilting progress to show you.  Also want to squeeze in 2 runs.  But, one of the major priorities is taking down the outside Christmas lights.  Its been so cold and the weather so yucky that it hasn't been done yet.  Happy Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment