Saturday, January 5, 2019

Sewing until 3 am




This is a quilt that I started a few years ago when I realized I had A LOT of green and browns left over from other projects.  
It is from this book and uses my most very favorite- four patches.  I just think they look so perfectly quilty!


I chose to change the sizes of the blocks used to accommodate my 2.5 inch strips so my blocks come out a bit bigger than in the original pattern and I am using a total of 88 blocks instead of 80 so the quilt will be a big one.

After napping in the chair while my husband played Tomb Raider- exhaustion from the stress of the accident and aftermath finally catching up to me- I, of course, couldn't sleep when I went to bed.  So, I headed to the sewing room and stayed there until 3 am.  I had not even accomplished half the blocks so I had a lot of cutting and digging through my stash for more fabrics.

I am completely out of neutral backgrounds at this point and will have to replenish soon.  Not even sure I ended up with enough to finish these blocks.

Now, I should be going to the gym, but I have a headache and I am feeling very stingy with my time since I go back to work on Monday, so, I think I am heading back to the sewing room, in my pajamas, to spend the day.

My husband and son are off to the climbing gym, the accident hasn't slowed my son down much at all.

I also need to get the borders onto this scrappy quilt.  They are cut and ready to go...

I noticed, when sewing this together, that I got one block oriented the wrong way.  I had no desire to go back and redo so I just left it.  Can you find it?

No comments:

Post a Comment