Saturday, January 12, 2019

Joining in on a Block of the Month


 I decided, last week, to join in on this Block of the Month from A Quilting Life.  https://www.aquiltinglife.com/2019/01/2019-block-of-the-month-january.html/

I originally planned on using fabric that I had but then decided I wanted solids and I just didn't have any.  While there, I found this cute little paper airplane piece so had to throw that in as well. 

You really just need to make a bunch of half square triangles and then each month you will get layouts for the blocks.  I chose to use the directions for "8 at a time Triangle Square Units" from the Nov/Dec 2017 Fons and Porter Love of Quilting.  My blocks are larger than the ones  from the quilt along.  I started with 10 inch squares and so my finished units are for 4" and my blocks are 16". 




I am loving the crisp look of these blocks and I think it will be a beautiful quilt. 

I still need to make a third block for January. 














I am moving very slowly on this bee quilt as it is the focus of the 15 minutes of sewing for each day.  So far I have only managed 3 days this week so the block of the month took up a lot of that.  I am hoping tomorrow will be spent getting some borders put on and some rows together of other quilts.  The pattern for the bee quilt can be found in the Jan/Feb 2017 issue of Love of Quilting.  It's called "Grandmother's Album".

I also have some binding to sew down and a long run to fit in this weekend.
But, this morning, my family is attending a Mary Poppins themed Tea at a local tea house.  Looking forward to the special family time after the stress of my son's car wreck, buying a replacement car, and before the kids start back at University on Monday.  
Can't believe that January is half over already!
Sew with love this weekend!




1 comment:

  1. You picked a fun color palette for your BOM. Love your Grandmother's Album block. That block is on my bucket list for "some day". Hope life is getting back into a routine now that school is starting up and the holidays are over.

    ReplyDelete