Tuesday, January 22, 2019

May the road rise up to meet you...


So, even though I have been flitting from one project to the next, I did actually have a finish this past week.  It is a wall hanging made from a tea towel that I have had tucked away for a couple of years now.  This is my favorite Irish Blessing. 

Here is a full view.  I need to get a better hanger for it but it currently hangs on the wall just before we head up the stairway.  


 I had quite a jaunt to the local quilt shop yesterday and did a bit of shopping- okay, a spree, it was a shopping spree...
I acquired the kit for this Kaffe Quilt and the new book came with it.."Quilts in Ireland"   I am looking forward to making some of the other projects but probably with stash fabrics. 
Yesterday I got all the flowers fussy cut and started sewing corners on for the snowball blocks.  
This quilt kit also jumped into my shopping bag.  It is called "Positively Bohemian".  I can't wait to start cutting it out.  

I also started (earlier this week) a scrap quilt using this pattern...
from this book...
but I will be making mine from shirts worn by my husband, my son, and myself and one piece of fabric that I threw in for fun.  
It will look quite a bit different from the original but I am loving it.  The blue solid is a Kona and I was a bit disappointed to find that the piece I bought recently to add to what I have is not quite the same color.  You can only tell when you are looking at it in the sun and with the pieces right next to each other so I think I am just going to use it any way.  It is a scrap quilt after all...

So, while I focused on all this, I am still trying to get around to getting borders put on and some other projects going.  


Did I mention that I started a log cabin that I have had cut out for a long time?  Yeah, that too.  
Then this thing called "work" came up today and got in my way.  No sewing has yet taken place today but I may go slip some in before bed.  I have a few projects to do...

Happy Stitching! 

1 comment:

  1. The log cabin will be so beautiful. How can you go wrong with such pretty blue batiks??? Oh I agree, often work gets in the way of my creative pursuits :-)

    ReplyDelete