Monday, January 3, 2022

2021 in Review

 


Well, I have to say that 2021 was not my best year.  I wasn't very productive, I have hated the changes brought about by Covid, and there have definitely been some rough patches!  However, I am starting 2022 by taking a deep breath and focusing on what I have to celebrate.  
First of all, the members of my family are all healthy and have what they need!
Then, I have this precious baby, Cosmo, pictured above, to take care of and enjoy, along with our lovely cat, Gracie who has been with us for just over a year.  
I managed to lose 35 pounds this year, though I haven't stepped back on the scale since Thanksgiving and fully expect to be more than 5 pounds back in the red...restart coming soon...

I have managed very little quilting this past year.  The focus has been on crochet, reading, and painting, when there was any time at all...


Here are some of my finished and unfinished projects.  There are many more unfinished ones not shown and a few completed ones that did not make the cut...


I have spent a lot of time painting by myself as well as with my daughter who works at a Paint and sip place-none of those results shown here.  In the above images, ...the fox is mine, the bunny is hers and those are actually kits from Michaels.  The sunflowers are an ArtSherpa tutorial.  The girl is my daughter- a picture I had made into a paint by number that I will hopefully get finished soon- she is an opera singer, about to graduate in June with a Masters in Opera Voice Performance.  The abstract is the result of my own playing and then there are the more crafty projects such as the rocker and plate.  


Here are some of my fiber projects.  I did a few wreaths around Thanksgiving and Christmas time.  I have enough Ribbon to do many more and hopefully will pace myself throughout the year.  I had just a few finished quilts.  That little art quilt with the bee might be my favorite.  I did quite a few machine embroidery projects.  Here are the 39 books I read this year.  My favorites were:  The Witch's Heart, Project Hail Mary, and The Anthropocene Reviewed.  




I think I may reread all the Harry Potter Books this year.  I am currently on Chamber of Secrets.  
I also hope to complete many quilt projects and Crochet projects that are already started.  Mostly, though, I want to enjoy the year, see some new things, spend time with my family, and be able to celebrate all I have!  
Blessings to you all in 2022!

No comments:

Post a Comment