Monday, December 31, 2018

Status at the end of 2018...Mostly UFOs!

Here is the design for the quilt I am currently working on.  I hope to make a great deal of progress on it today and get it at least to the flimsy stage before I have to go back to work next week.

Now, a parade of UFOs that I hope to get finished this year- and these are only the ones that I did some major work on in 2018...

I designed this one because I won some blocks from the BlockLotto.  If I remember correctly, it is about half way sewn together and I have place mats started with the scraps???



Cosy stripe- from Attic 24- to fit my King size bed.  Not very far along on it.  It got put aside for smaller projects but I really want to get back to it.  Pattern can be found at Attic 24.  She is about to start another CAL that I would love to do but I just can't at this point.
A pillow top made from upholstery scraps.  it needs to be completed!














This one is hanging in the closet as a completed flimsy.  I will need to buy a backing and get it finished!

I think this one just needs a border...
This one needs a lot of work but I would love to get it done ASAP!  It is for my daughter who is studying Opera at University.  She is in her junior year and has a big recital coming up.  It would be cool- but impossible- to get it done for her by then.

This started as a row along with my quilt guild years ago.  I would love to get it completed.

This is my very ugly Halloween attempt this year.  It is still on the design wall but definitely coming down today for something more promising and pleasant to look at.

Another one I am not crazy about but, won the blocks from Block Lotto.  I hope I will like it better when I get it quilted.  I was excited about it when I started it so maybe that feeling will return.


Started this one for my son's graduation but neither of us was thrilled with it.  Guess it will get done eventually.

This one is for my daughter.  I am thinking a different lay out possibly.  I originally wanted it on point but did not have enough fabric.  I found more of it at the store though...

This one I love and is hanging up as a flimsy, just waiting for its turn on the quilting machine.


Another afghan just waiting to be finished.  It is further along than in this picture.


I did actually have some finishes though...
This is denim and flannel for my son.  He chose the flannel himself and he really likes this quilt.


Graduation quilts for cousins.  I was really happy with these when they were done so I hope they are enjoying them.


 I also finished this 10 k at the beginning of December and a half marathon in October- pictured below.
The training takes a lot of time and dedication.  It is a priority for me to continue this year, with another half marathon goal in May as well as an attempt to be able to do a pull up or two by Christmas next year.  Which reminds me, I need to get my tail to the gym today...


Can't forget this finish that hangs in my office at work.  I am a librarian :)  I did read more than 30 books this year too...

So, goals for 2019
Running
Pull ups/strength training
15 minutes to sew per day- which might actually work out to 2-3 days per week but we will see.
Get the office and my daughter's room cleaned and hopefully painted
Somehow save some money for a vacation, despite the fact that the 2 kids are in college...


Happy stitching and best to you and yours in the new year!




2 comments:

  1. I love the colors in your projects, especially those crochet stripes! It seems like everything always looks better once it's quilted, so hopefully you'll fall in love with your block lotto projects. Or maybe not. We don't have to love absolutely everything we spend time on.

    Thanks for commenting on my year end finishes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I am looking forward to quilting them...

      Delete