Saturday, December 29, 2018

Scrappy Project started


Today, after perusing Pinterest for ideas for scrappy star quilts, I sat down and created this pattern in EQ7.  It is a 16 inch block using 2.5 strips and 4 & 7/8 inch squares for the triangles.

I have to give all the basic design credit to Amber at GiGi's Thimble.
http://www.gigisthimble.com/2012/06/scrap-jar-stars-quilt-done.html- though her block is much smaller and I am setting mine a little differently.  Her quilt is beautiful!

My quilt will be 9 blocks (3X3) and will have two borders.  I think it will finish at around 88 inches square.

I am trying to cut most of my stash into 2.5 inch strips and 5 inch squares so my patterns must use those sizes.  Its the only way I have come up with to try to tame my stash that is OUT OF CONTROL! I have a large number of autumn themed and colored fabrics so this one is all oranges, brown, green, gold and burgundy on a variety of neutral backgrounds.


Here are the strips I am using with the main neutral though I ended up using 4 different ones.


Today I got the 9- 16 patch blocks for the stars finished and the 4- 16 patch all color blocks for the corners of the outer border. There are many more four patches ready to go- even more than will be used in the quilt.  I also got the corner squares of the blocks finished and my half square triangles are ready to sew, with diagonal lines drawn.
I can't believe how much progress I made on this quilt today.  From planning to about half way put together in about 5-6 hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment