Friday, December 28, 2018

Playing Catch Up

I got 3 more of the scrappy place mats finished today- just four more to do.  But, at least we have enough for when the kids come to dinner, like tonight. 

I also got the binding machine sewn onto two long overdue quilts. 
This quilt has been waiting for ever!  I even managed to find the green fabric I bought to bind it with years ago!  The floral print in this quilt is from a dress I wore in High School. 

And this is a quilt that a friend brought me to quilt for him.  It was made by his grandmother and probably dates back to the 1940s. 

Looks like there's some hand stitching in my near future.  However, yesterday I started myself a crochet poncho- yes, just like your grandmother made you back in the 70's. 
I also went back to the gym today after 2 weeks of being a couch potato- I had an excuse-I was sick!  I did okay considering the long absence.  I need to hit it hard before my running group starts back up at the end of January. 

I hope to make a little more progress on unfinished objects in the next few days.  I am itching to start something new but there is really no point until I clear out some of theses old projects!!!!

Happy end of the year stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment