Wednesday, December 26, 2018

Christmas 2018

Here are my kiddos under the weighted blankets I made for them.  They have both wanted a weighted blanket for years.  They love it when they get covered with the lead apron at the dentist for x-rays.Since they are both in college and experiencing some pretty serious stress and lack of sleep for the first time, I decided these would help. 

If you are considering making one, my advice is JUST DON"T!!!!  Pay the price and get the boring grey ones.  Save yourself the trouble and broken sewing needles as well as stab wounds from all the pins you must use. 

From a mom point of view- I really hope they enjoy them, and I am glad they have nice pretty ones, but- as a seamstress- I wish I had just paid the double cost and bought them. 

I am very pleased that she is VERY happy to have one.  Now I am just afraid they will never get out of bed again...
This is my sister modeling the cowl I made for her.  It was mentioned in my previous post and I modeled it myself. 

Here are my two Rock Climbers with their t shirts.  they also got membership renewals to the climbing gym and chalk bags.  They love it and I am so happy for them to have the quality time together!  Its awesome that they rely on each other and work together to enjoy their new passion. 

















Here is my daughter looking at the knife her father received.  She was a little freaked out by its vicious appearance and handed it back to him quite quickly!  It actually was a lovely novelty knife with a mermaid on the handle and ocean artwork on the blade.  He collects knives and Santa brings him one almost every year.  He rarely gets a chance to use them- camping and helping people open packages...

We had a lovely day!  It is so exciting to watch my kids grow into adults, following their passions!  They are the most perfect people.  I am so blessed to have them in my life!


So, now it's the day after Christmas... my husband is back to work, the kids will be sleeping late-at their house, and while I am anxious to head out to pick up some desperately needed sewing needles, and to check out some of the clearance sales (Joann's- yarn), it also sounds perfect to just stay home alone and sew or read or sleep...

Happy Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment