Friday, July 20, 2018

Don't want to get moving today...


I do not want to get moving today.  Mostly because I have a lot to do but would rather stay home and sew.  I have to go back to work on Monday and won't have much opportunity once we get back into the swing of the school year.  SIGH!
I have got to venture out and attack the list.  We are hosting a family pool party tomorrow.  Not our pool but we are hosting- providing the food and the like.  It will be a lot of fun but it requires some work.  

Below, you see one of my newest goals.  Our hedgie is not a new family member but I have to admit he has been somewhat neglected lately which makes him a grumpy boy.  He has not been handled much this Spring and Summer so he doesn't like it at all.  My husband and I tried to trim his nails the other night and got one foot done before he drew blood- with his quills, he has NEVER bitten any of us which I hear can be nasty.  So, back to the beginning stages of socialization where I make sure he is handled at least 30 minutes a day EVERY DAY!  He will be back to his gentle self soon.  



On a plus note, I ran into work for a few minutes yesterday to find that my office has finally been painted.  I was thinking I was going to end up doing it myself but have been spared that.  Not sure I am crazy about the salmon/beige they used-it matches the 20 year old paint colors from when the school was new but it could have been worse so I am going with it.  



I have some Harry Potter quilts to finish, a quote from Dumbledore and a few other things to go with the theme.  I will post pictures if I ever get it finished.  I haven't even started one of the quilts and the other is the Project of Doom from Fandom in Stitches.  I am about half way done with the blocks.  That will become my focus once I get these twin graduation quilts finished.  One is halfway bound and the other needs the binding sewn on.  

Hope everyone has a lovely weekend of stitching and family fun!




No comments:

Post a Comment