Wednesday, July 18, 2018

A day with the kids

Yesterday I met my kids at the Aquarium/Botanical Gardens.  We were anxious to see the new river otters that have finally been put on exhibit.  The kids were only 45 minutes late meeting me.  Let's keep our fingers crossed that they get better at the time management thing before school starts in August. 
I tried really hard, while I was there, to pretend I was on a tropical vacation.  You know, since I haven't been anywhere in forever! 
Chaos and Mayhem were a very pleasant couple of girls to watch.  I am sure we will be visiting them often since my daughter LOVES the aquarium and LOVES otters! 

Not much quilting has happened in the last week but I am hoping to get one quilted today after the visit to the vet with 3 fur babies.  If I can get it done, and two bindings completed, I can gift them on Saturday.  Wish me luck but I see the finish of these two happening later next week. 

I ran this morning and it was like dragging myself through mud.  My legs had no umph.  Things have got to get better soon!  It was only 73 degrees when I returned home so I can't really blame it on the heat.  I am supposed to do 8-9 miles later this week.  I am trying to get psyched up for it.  Praying to the running gods to let me feel like I am making improvements.  I miss the feeling of loving running that I had 2 years ago.  That's what I get for getting too busy and lazy to keep going then. 

Hope everyone has a happy hump day.  I wish you good stitching and good living!

No comments:

Post a Comment