Tuesday, October 11, 2022

October

 I can't believe it is October already!  And almost half gone at that...


Helping us to move into the Fall mood, we brought home quite the haul from the church pumpkin patch.  My daughter has already baked that "pink" pumpkin in the foreground and it is delicious!  She made a pie that is half gone- I may have had a piece for breakfast this morning- and there is plenty of pumpkin left for more delicious treats.


We had a blue pumpkin last year and it was delicious so we grabbed another of those.  The swan necked gourd will be just for us to enjoy looking at, and the fate of the "warty" beauty in the back is yet to be determined.  It was my daughter's favorite though, so it had to come home with us.  



I have been rereading the Harry Potter series, about to start The Order of the Phoenix- again.  So, I have been inspired to pull out my "Project of Doom" that has been decades in the making.  


14 blocks made.  Currently Working on the Singing Egg block.  Then I want to add Hedwig and a few other book blocks.  Then I will put it together.  Can't just keep making all the cool blocks or it will never end!


My daughter has been helping us to get in the mood for Halloween.  Watching scary movies and creating this lovely piece- a challenge given to her from her work.  They provided the skull and employees were encouraged to decorate as they saw fit.  


She added this lovely snake that she created out of air dry clay.  then moss and stones and paint.  

It is currently at work for judging but I hope we have it back by Halloween!  

I have also been trying to get into the Halloween spirit by taking part in the Sweet Pea Halloween Sew Along.  Here are two of the many blocks I have made.  3 more to go and I will start sewing it together.  I will be doing well if I get it hung up by the 31st!


I am also working on a shower curtain and window curtain for my bathroom, done with machine embroidery and some sewing.  Would love to get that done, including towels to match.  

Lots to do, never enough time!

I am determined to have some nice finishes by the end of the year and hopefully to have my house a great deal more organized!  

Happy Fall Stitching!

No comments:

Post a Comment