Thursday, October 13, 2022

A few more Project of Doom blocks

 

Have I told you that I hate paper piecing? 

 I HATE PAPER PIECING!

But I am so happy with my singing mermaid egg!  You can't tell from the picture but the white part is actually sparkly metallic silver.  However this is not even the best one....



Enter Hedwig... I actually simplified this one deciding that some of the detail will be done with quilting rather than fabric.  I am a bit frustrated because I couldn't find the fabric I originally purchased for her.  It was about the same color combination but the texture was more feathery rather than mottled.  I looked.  I gave up.  At this point, done is better than perfect.  I want this quilt finished!  She will sit on top of the book case, thus the different back ground.  

I am currently working on the Monster Book of Monsters that will join her in pride of placement.  Then I just need two more book blocks and will start assembling the book case.  

My major home keeping task this week was to paint the garage trim.  We have had the new garage doors for about a year, making the trim look awful!  Finally got it done.  Now the window at the front stands out as nasty so it will be next.  The red front door could use a redo as well.  I think it will end up a dark shade of blue.  There will be no stopping point.  



I will leave you this morning with a view of my faithful companion, Cosmo.  He is so calm in the mornings, preferring to snooze in the chair, until I try to get busy with something.  Then he is Mr. Needy.  

If ignored, Mr. Needy turns in to Mr. Naughty. So, a brisk walk may be in order on this brisk October morning.  


No comments:

Post a Comment