Saturday, February 5, 2022

Friday Night With Friends

 

I worked on some birch tree blocks.  I have seen these quilts for many years and always loved them.  I actually started a coin quilt with my scrap strings (I have 2 bins!) and realized that if I make them wider than intended for that purpose, I could make both quilts at the same time.  Of course these blocks are moving faster than the others...I have seen a tutorial of this over at Samelia's Mum.  I can't remember if that is where I saw the red version that was my favorite.  However, green goes better with my decor and my daughter also loves it so the quilt will definitely have a good home after.  I cut my blocks at 13 inches and they have trimmed down nicely to 11.5.  (Creating more strings for the bins!  They fill up faster than I can use them!)

This is my project for Friday Night with Friends from https://stitchingcubbyhole.blogspot.com/.  However, I still have a lot of sewing to do.  


In this picture, you can see my 5 X 10 inch coin blocks for my coin quilt.  They will eventually be in long columns.  And of course, you get a good view of the mess...


And, I always have multiple quilts on the go.  Those birds/flowers are for a "seed packet" quilt I have seen lately. (Exuberant Color)  I have seen it credited to multiple people but the most known is Kaffe Fossett.  My version is not Kaffe fabrics as I have none...however, I do have a ton of flower and garden themed fabrics that have sat way too long so my version will be my own unique collection and probably more fall colors with, again, lots of green.  


The blue and aqua are for a quilt I showed recently.  These are all pinned and ready to be fed quickly through the machine the next chance I get.  Which might be awhile...

Today, after a women's gathering at church, we pick up this pretty baby who has been away at boarding school for two weeks.  I have only seen him for 3 short visits during that time.  I miss him so much!  He has made such amazing progress and is definitely a different dog than the one we dropped off.  He has worked so hard and can do amazing doggy things, but all I really want to do is cuddle him!


Our sweet kitty has definitely been enjoying his time away, allowing her free range of the house.  She is much too skittish to get close to him.  I hope that will change now that he knows how to sit and stay around other animals.  She loved watching the snow storm and trying to catch the flakes by pouncing on the glass.  She also loved it last night when I cleaned the table just before dinner and placed a mat just for her- so she thought.  










I was really excited to see this visitor to my back yard a few days ago, even though he left a terrible mess.  Our entire neighborhood is overcome with pigeons and their mess is ruining my roof and patio.  I may be an evil person but I was hoping this guy would move in for good.  He stayed there and allowed me to take 4 pictures of him but when my sweet, small kitty jumped up into the window, he took off, showing an amazing and beautiful expanse of wings and taking his dinner with him.  

4 comments:

  1. Oh the never decreasing scrap bins...or so they seem... :)
    Love the puppy & your comfy cat... & a wonderful pic of the "hawk".
    Thanks for stopping by for FNwF...xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful blocks, they will make great quilts. Nature is interesting how it works isn't it, hopefully the pigeons will move on or the large bird will come back. Cats find the best places to sit! Lovely to have your dog back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting blocks you are making - I will keep a look out for the end result. Boarding school for dogs?? LOL that is a new one for me. Hopet eh cat & dog get along better now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love those birch tree quilts too and yours will be amazing also. I'm intrigued with the seed packets quilt. Not sure I know what that one is.
    My kitty always thinks my quilt things are just for her too. Glad she had some peace in the house, even if only for 2 weeks. Ha!

    ReplyDelete