Sunday, February 17, 2019

Long Weekend progress


Still no finished projects to show but my fifteen minutes to stitch is adding up.

I have one quilt loaded onto the machine in hopes of being quilted tomorrow, 3 more waiting in line, one upstairs that just needs a backing put together and many more that are just blocks or rows to be sewn together.

This turquoise scrap quilt, started years ago, will maybe see a finish sometime soon.  Half of the blocks are ready, another half are ready to sew into the half square triangles.

I have spent the last few hours working on a quilt with my Gone with the Wind fabric from years ago.
Here are some of the blocks in their beginning stages.  I am embroidering quotes from the movie to use as well.  I am kinda making it up as I go along since the blocks are not all the same size.  It may end up being a basic row-by-row quilt.  It is making me want to watch the movie again.  It has always been one of my favorites but it has been many years since I watched it.

On another front, my daughter just had her Junior Year Recital on Friday night.  She is studying Opera Voice Performance.  She did an amazing job!  So proud of all her hard work!  Love to hear her sing!

Already disappointed with how fast the three day weekend is going.  Still have way too much to do to pack it into one day tomorrow.  The fairies must be busy too because they have not cleaned my house yet...



No comments:

Post a Comment