Thursday, December 1, 2022

Mystery started


 I told myself I was not going to start Bonnie's Mystery this year.  I never finish them.  I love Bonnie!  I love her quilts!  but I only have one finished Bonnie pattern and it was started in a workshop with her and took years.  I have two mysteries I started of hers and they are still in pieces but here I am- doing it AGAIN.  

I got this first clue all done in one day though, and just in time for tomorrow's clue release.  I may not do as well next week as I will be out of town for most of the week.  

Here are my chosen colors.  I am only using my stash and I do not have much orange so I am going to go with YELLOW I think...

Not much variety.  My purple is going to be all out of that solid.  Trying to use my stash before I die, ya know...
I will have to see if I am still happy with the yellow after the first yellow (orange) clues release. 
Funny story- while I was making these, I was also baking cookies.  I was pinning on the final row of the 9 patches and was 12 short.  So I ran upstairs to quickly sew another set of finishing rows.  When I came back down, I couldn't find my 12 unfinished 9 patches anywhere.  Looked back upstairs, looked in the kitchen...Found them in the dog's mouth.  He's lucky that no dissection was required to find them all.   

  

I did get this lovely Christmas quilt on the wall last week.  


I am so happy with how the quilting came out.  Always hard to decide how to quilt a panel.  



My robot hadn't been used in a long time and it threatened to crash on me a couple of times but never did.  I believe it was certainly divine intervention preventing the crash.  
Maybe I will find some more to help me get dinner ready before I have to head off to choir practice.  
Happy December!


1 comment:

  1. I try hard to keep up on the mysteries because I am most motivated while it is happening! One of my friends has given up a few times and has mailed me her parts and I wind up finishing hers too. I have a few that just need borders finished going!

    ReplyDelete