Saturday, July 23, 2022

Feeding my addiction...


 I brought home a new (new to me) toy on Friday.  A Bernina embroidery machine.  I have been using a Janome 350e which has been a great little embroidery machine but I really wanted to be able to use larger patterns.  Then when I started finding out what this one could do, after seeing it at the local Bernina shop, I started coveting...  I thought about it for two weeks!  

So, today I spent all day getting to know the machine, writing down questions to ask when I go for my mastery lessons next month, and hunting for answers in the handbook.  I made a lovely embroidery of a beta fish that I will eventually make something out of, and these...


The first one is my nametag for when I go to the "Sew Club"- you get more discount if you wear a nametag you made.  The second one, and one more that has not been stitched yet, will be the tags for the carrying cases which should be arriving soon for carrying my machine and embroidery module to the 12 hours of classes that I will have next month to learn what this baby can really do.  I will be adding ribbons and key rings to make them attach to zippers and a nametag clip.  


Here are the backs.  The yellow one is the back as it turns out if you just follow the embroidery steps- I purchased this little tag from Applique Alley- online.  For the white one, I managed to stop the machine at the correct step and add a backing to hide the back of the stitchery and give a label with my phone number that will attach to the carrying cases.  

Seems like I should have more to show after working with the machine literally all day, but there was definitely a learning curve.  OK, there may have been a short afternoon nap in there too...

So excited!  But, I have also challenged myself to have a quilt finish this coming week and to get at least one quilted!  May have to have this machine and the long arm running at the same time!  


No comments:

Post a Comment