Wednesday, July 15, 2020

Pressure is on...

So, here is one of the latest finishes.  Yes, it is actually complete.  I do finish one once in a while.  


This quilt is made from shirts worn by my husband, my son, and myself.  Then there is one other fabric added to represent my daughter since I didn't have any of her shirts, then the blue.  I used 2 layers of warm & white batting- it quilts up so much nicer that way- so it is one heavy & large lap quilt.  I usually use washable wool batting now days but I had some warm & white left over and wanted to use it up.  

Here is the back and an up close.  That pink London fabric is the one i added for my daughter.  The rest are clothes actually worn by the rest of us.  That pink & yellow plaid is from a pair of shorts.  

The quilting pattern is called "A Little bit of fluff".  This is the second quilt- ever- that I have had a problem of the back folding over on itself during quilting.  I had to remove stitching from the second half of two rows to fix it.  That was frustrating...otherwise, I love my long arm machine!

This is my other recent finish.  Made in two days.  Those hand painted panda blocks have been in my stash for years.  I was finally motivated to get something made with them.  Its a little less than 30 inches square.  Now I have to figure out where to hang it.  

These blocks called to me yesterday so I got this simple top put together and I am really loving it.  I already have the backing loaded on the long arm.  I think I want this one hanging in my bedroom where I have new solid navy bedding and a light blue-grey wall.  

I had originally planned on working on my bee quilt yesterday.  That didn't happen.  Now that I have found out that we are planning on starting a hybrid model of school this year , in addition to an online option, and I will be starting back in less than 2 weeks, the pressure is on to get some more projects finished!  


I saw this Barbie at the book store the other day.  I LOVE her!  I have been trying to make myself take some time for meditation and yoga through all this quarantine so this tickled my funny bone.  Even Barbie is more Zen than I am...

Namaste!



No comments:

Post a Comment